In this article we provide general information about power users.
In this article
> What is a power user?
> How many power users do I need?
> How do I assign a power user role to a crew member?
> How do I increase or decrease the amount of power users in my Rentman license?
> Frequently asked questions
What is a power user?
Only power users have full rights and permissions in Rentman. Only they can:
- Create, edit and delete projects
- Create, edit and delete invoices, contracts and quotations
- Export invoices, create payment reminders, change payment statuses
- Add crew members and edit the crew planner schedule
- Send crew invites and planning e-mails
- Access the configuration module to configure advanced settings in Rentman
Note: Read the Frequently Asked Questions for a list of features that you have access to if you are not a power user.
How many power users do I need?
The number of power users you need depends on whether they need the above described rights to carry out their job. Users that don't need these rights can be added to projects as crew members. These accounts are free in Rentman, and are added by a power user. To read how to add crew members in Rentman, refer to this article.
How do I assign a power user role to a crew member?
- Go to the Crew members module.
- Select the crew member and click the edit button.
- Under Login information > User role, select Power user from the dropdown menu.
- Save your changes.
How do I increase or decrease the amount of power users in my Rentman license?
Frequently asked questions
Can I use a power user for a short period of time?
Yes, you can use a power user for a short period of time (minimum one month), for example during busier periods. If you don't need the additional power user anymore, simply decrease the amount of power users in your Rentman license.
I am not a power user. What features are available for me?
- Enter the project module and see a list of projects with information in the widgets.
- See the planning of other crew members and change your own availability and that of others.
- Add equipment items to a project and set their price.
- Sent messages
- Change your user details
- Time registration
- Crew members