Templates determine which information is being displayed on your documents and how. In the template editor you are able to create templates and edit them.
In this article:
> Templates overview
> Adding, duplicating and editing templates
> Adding modules to your template
> Adding the online payment module
In the template tab of the configuration menu you decide which templates can be used in your account. You can directly edit these templates.
You can find an overview of all templates in the configuration menu at the templates tab.
This is how you navigate to the templates:
- Go to configuration in the column to the left
- Click on templates below customer communication
Here you have an overview of all templates that are in your account. All templates in this list that are not hidden (Selected 'No' for hidden) can be chosen when generating documents.
Example of the overview:
You see the following information per template:
|Name||Name||This is the name that will be displayed when selecting templates. You can edit the name.|
|Country||Country||These are the country settings. In The Netherlands the date format is for example 10-01-2020 and in Germany 10.01.2020.|
|Language||Language||This is the language of the template.|
|Hidden||Yes/No||If 'No' is selected the template will be showed as an option to choose from, when 'Yes' is selected you are not able to choose this template.|
|System template||Yes/No||The template is maintained and updated by Rentman. You cannot edit this template without duplicating it.|
You can adjust these settings in the right panel after double-clicking on a template.
Adding, duplicating and editing templates
The easiest way of creating/editing templates is to duplicate a template that comes closest to your needs. After duplicating you are able to edit the template.
System templates are managed by Rentman and therefore you cannot edit these templates. To edit a system template you first need to duplicate the system template.
Note: Information that you want to display on every page, such as your company information and your company logo, need to be added as letterhead to Rentman.
To duplicate a template:
- Select the desired template > click on the button 'Duplicate item'.
- Change the name of the template in the top right corner before you save the template.
To edit a template you select the template you want to edit and click on the button 'Edit item'.
To create an entirely new template you click in the top left corner on 'Add'.
In the column at the right of the template editor you see the data and settings of the template.
- Name: Here you enter and edit the name of the template.
- Type: Choose here the template type.
- Hidden: You can choose to hide the template so the template will not be available when generating a document.
- Thin lines: Determines whether all lines should be 0,5 pixel or 1 pixel. Smaller lines can be chosen because it looks better but are not shown by certain PDF viewers (including the default PDF viewer of Safari). Thicker lines of 1 pixel are shown by all PDF viewers.
- Example: Select a document to be displayed as an example in your created template.
- Letterhead: Choose a default letterhead for the template. You can always change the letterhead when generating a document.
Adding modules to your template
A template is made up of different modules. The column at the right of the template editor displays all modules you are able to add to the template.
The modules are automatically being filled with the correct data of the selected project. You create a template based on the modules you add to it.
You can drag and drop the modules into the template. When you for example drag and drop the module 'Equipment', automatically all equipment data of a project will be displayed. You can see a preview of how the modules look like by selecting a created slip next to 'Example'.
Adding the online payment module
- Select the online payment module at the right side of the template editor.
- Drag and drop the module to the right place on the template.
- Select the online payment button by clicking on it.
- If needed, edit the size and color of the button.
Click on the edit button in the top right corner of the module to edit the text of the button.